Monday, June 27, 2011

Catching Up

Summers are supposed to be long and slow and lazy, but as long as I have had children, summers have been quite the opposite. The pace around our house has been unusually hectic despite our best efforts to keep things long and slow and lazy. I have not quite figured out the math behind the equation but somehow the things I pick to do to make memorable summers end up just adding to the frenzy.

There are so many different things to tell you all about but I have not had time and clarity of thought (see above). I have been riding some great big highs (Luz's 6th birthday and a recent trip to NYC) and suffocating under some lows (the death of Loki, my first real responsibility and the best running partner I will ever have) but so it goes with life.

We are looking forward to some time in Atlanta with family over 4th of July weekend and then a long weekend at the beach. Summer just isn't summer without sticky, salty hair and sandy toes. Soon enough, though, I will have time to catch you up to date and share some pictures and thoughts with you.

Until then, I leave you with a picture of the Empire State Building in all of its rainbow glory on pride weekend just after NYC passed their marriage equality bill. It was quite a time to be in NYC.

No comments: