Sunday, August 25, 2013

Yikes...Time Flies

I never did this with Lu and am really kicking myself.  I love taking and seeing these photos of James in basically the same place each year almost at exactly the same time (give or take a few days). It is always amazing to me that time passes so quickly.  I was warned.  I said I understood.  I really had no idea.  It is so quick, in fact, that some days I feel like I got shorted a few hours.  I wonder how it is that the day is over already and it is pushing 11 p.m. and I am gearing up for another week that will pass in the blink of an eye.  Oh well, I am a broken record.  I know.

2009


2010



2011



2012



2013




And the look in the last picture captures this 4 year-old personality perfectly - following mama's orders is such a chore.  There is so much sweetness and wonder inside of there, but there is a also a decent amount of boundary testing and patience testing and sleep deprivation (yeah, at some point over the summer J started having nightmares) and insistence that he just be allowed to grow right up and skip all of the years between 4 and 14.  Not so fast, little guy.

1 comment:

Eveline said...

If I get kids I`ll do the same, soo cute to see them growing up <3