Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm Still Here, Really

I apologize for the relaxed approach to blogging I have been exhibiting lately.  Facebook and Instagram are so easy and, well, instant, that I end up sharing everything over the course of the day instead of an in an end-of-the-day post.  I am going to try to keep up with the blogging, at least for a little while longer, so that I can maintain a journal of the adventures of Luz and James.  That said, if you are in need of more consistent updates, follow me on Instagram and Facebook and occasionally on Twitter.

The last few weeks have been filled with school and work and fabulous weddings and soccer and softball and school fairs and bike riding and long afternoon walks with Noah.  Work has been busy for me and even busier for Christian as the end of the year approaches.  It is hard to believe, but we are already mapping out the summer, filling empty days with camps and classes and trips to Atlanta to visit Nana and Papa.  When I was a kid, at least when I was a little kid, I went to camp but I know that I had more than a handful of unstructured summer vacation days.  It just isn't the same these days.

These days Luz is obsessed with an old Razor scooter I bought on a lark for $5 at a garage sale.  Christian refurbished it as much as possible and she rides it all the time - to and from school, all around the neighborhood - I wish her approach to the two-wheeler was as enthusiastic.  She finished out the soccer season with 2 victories and 2 goals - which meant lots of smiles and a BIG feeling of accomplishment.  It was a great season for her, mentally and physically.

James is obsessed with his bike and will probably be tooling around on a two-wheeler long before Luz. He rides it every afternoon and all weekend long.  I love seeing something like that catch his attention as much as Star Wars and playing the Ipad.  He and Luz are both looking forward to Jazz Fest, the start of the Carrolton softball season, and summer vacation.








1 comment:

mahima30 said...

Enjoyed your pics.