Sunday, February 08, 2009

1 Month

It is hard to believe that it has already been one month since James was born. It is particularly hard to believe that I have had 30 consecutive days of no more than 3 hours of sleep at a time. I love sleep so this is especially hard on me, but somehow I am able to function. I was even coherent enough to allow Christian to sleep late this morning while I watched both kids...at the same time. I know this is not impressive to most people but this was a huge step for me.

Here is James at 1 mo.



and now La Luz at 1 mo.


At times I think they look identical but then when I compare pictures I see the differences. They could not be more dissimilar personality-wise. La Luz hated to cuddle, was a cat-napper and generally fell asleep after any feeding for 3 + hour stretches. James wants to be held and rocked and snuggled constantly, rarely naps, and requires incredible entertainment before he will even consider sleeping. Oh, and when he does sleep, it is rarely for longer than 3 hours at a time and usually not even that long. I think my luck is about to change, however, as my genius little brother composed about an hour of the most beautiful white noise I have ever heard, which is downloading to my ipod right now. My fingers are crossed and my mind and body are aching for a long stretch of sleep. Thank you, thank you!

5 comments:

M C Brown said...

lets hope josh saves the day! i hope you get some rest soon!

Christy and Cynthia said...

Hi Julie! James is gorgeous!!! Hope you get some sleep soon! Love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

These pics were just like looking at Chris when he was that age.
Thank you so much for doing this blog.
Love to you all
Nana

Calvert said...

miracleblanket.com

I'm just saying.

catherine said...

wow, i miss y'all so much i can physically feel it! im' so excited to be home for mg soon. hugs hugs hugs