Monday, January 31, 2011

Fun With Lenses

I dusted off the 50mm/1.8 Canon lens in response to some early morning sunshine on Saturday. Luz was sitting at the kitchen table playing with an awesome book that folds out into a dollhouse that her Aunt Susan gave her a few years ago. This gift has been a HUGE hit, but Luz is the type of kid that can entertain herself quietly for hours playing with paper dolls. One of my favorite things to do is to pretend like I am busy doing something - cleaning, working, cooking - while I am actually eavesdropping. Saturday morning it was all about unrequited love and a young woman with a ton of sick babies. Heartbreaking but also hopeful.

I could not resist a few shots:




I love using this lens. I have so much to learn about photography. Most decent shots I get are pure luck. I look forward to studying it later in my life when I have free time. Until then, I will just keep shooting for the lucky shots.

No comments: