The weekend was filled with all kinds of awesomeness -
1. Our first Mardi Gras parade of the season (and the only reason it did not rain on us was because I carried around a gigantic, golfing umbrella all night);
2. Excellent dinner at Iris with friends;
3. Sleeping as late as we wanted this morning since the kids spent the night at mom-mom's house;
4. The last piece of Ikea furniture assembled;
5. A major excursion to Kenner Target to stock up on more Mardi Gras supplies (do not be jealous - there was not a stitch of Jason Wu clothing on the shelves); and
6. A LONG training run out of the way...I have one more really long one and then I think I can start to taper, finally.
The bad news is that I think I now officially have either allergies or a cold, so I am going to sleep. But first, a little more awesomeness, because you do not have a heart if this does not make you smile :
She went to see The Blue Man Group today with Christian (thanks to mom-mom) and she LOVED it. It was entertaining to listen to her recount what happened and to attempt to explain it. I gathered that she was trying to think of a diplomatic way to say "you had to be there"... which makes total sense.
And if you have not seen The Steven Gleason Story, watch it here -
It will break your heart all over the place. I have said it before and I will say it again and again and again, life is fleeting and filled with joy and sadness all of the time.