Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Hope You Had Fun

I have never been much for manual labor. It is not that I mind it in particular, just that I have never been asked to do it, so it is not part of my routine. Organizing, stacking, sorting, dusting and general cleaning are very much a part of my skill set. Christian, unlike me, actually had to do a fair amount of yard work as a kid (at least this is what he tells me) so taking care of the lawn is something he dreads, though does without complaint once he finally decides it has to be dealt with.

Even though it has been in the 70s and 80s for the past two weeks, we have been kicking our way through 6 inches of beautiful leaves in our front yard and on the sidewalk every time we leave the house. I kept hoping something would happen and they would all disappear - lots of wind? strong rain? a generous lawn service hired by neighbors? On Saturday Christian tackled the very overwhelming task of clearing the front of the house and sidewalk. I know this is nothing close to shoveling snow but it was 80 degrees outside, humid and breezy so the job was extra burdensome. When La Luz and I pulled up to the house I couldn't get inside fast enough. La Luz, on the other hand, was ready to dive right in and offer her assistance - as long as she was allowed to wear the special gloves:



No comments: