Thursday, January 29, 2009

Best of 2008

It is Wednesday around noon and I have a few spare minutes to myself. I suppose I could shower, maybe look over some work that needs my attention, do some laundry, or write a few thank-you notes; however, I decided that a week between posts is far too long and that my time would best be spent updating the blog.

I intended to post this list of our favorites from 2008 back in December but somehow never found the time. I apologize for the delay. At long last, and not in any particular order other than what sounded best where, here it is:

I'm A Lady Santagold
Geraldine Glasvegas
Heavy Water/I'd Rather Be Sleeping Grouper
Ghosts Laura Marling
The Kids Don't Stand A Chance Vampire Weekend
Why Don't You Let Me Stay Here She & Him
Shine On The Kooks
In Our Talons Bowerbirds
Carmensita Devendra Barnhart
Your Protector Fleet Foxes
Standing Next To Me The Last Shadow Puppets
Maria Jose Frederico Aubele
Up! M83
Chemtrails Beck
Blue Flower/Blue Flame Destroyer
Record Year The Decembrists
I'm Outta Time Oasis
Young Love Mystery Jets
Juno Tokyo Police Club
Spanish Death Song The Builders & The Butchers
Undeclared The Dodos

My personal favorites and the ones that were in heavy rotation for me this year were Vampire Weekend and Fleet Foxes. Some of the songs are clearly Christian picks. Lucy also had a bit of input this time around. Can you guess her selections?

The few free minutes are the result of instituting a little tough love around here. The baby is crying in the pack and play but I am told that this is okay. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time putting this guy down:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful!!! I wouldn't be able to put him down either!

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie,

He looks so precious, can't wait to see you all again.
Love
Diane

M C Brown said...

When i come see sweet baby james, i will not put him down! You may not ever get him back! i might just take him with me to birmingham!

TOITA said...

what a cutie!!!!!! definitively will break some hearts!!! hahahaha!