Sunday, July 12, 2009

While You Are Far Away

Christian left at around 5 a.m. this morning to spend about two weeks in Costa Rica. I have mountains of work, tons of missed time to catch up on, and a trial next week. The timing is impeccable. In fairness, his trip was planned long before life happened. Fear not, we called in reinforcements. Mary Cox has agreed to spend the next ten days in NOLA filling in the gaps and generally handling the toughest parts of the day with the kiddies, so I can breathe a sigh of relief. Keep your fingers crossed that they are both on their best behavior.

The weekend was nice. In the chaos of all of the trip preparations and usual weekend hustle and bustle, Christian and I managed a late dinner and movie - Crepe Nanou and The Hangover. Crepe Nanou was great, as always, and The Hangover was exactly as I expected it to be, though maybe slightly less funny.

I spent most of the weekend working hard to combat La Luz's recent bouts of absolutely abhorrent behavior (whining, begging, baby talk, and serious attitude). Saturday was a bit tough. I will spare you the details (it is not interesting to hear about other kids' poor manners) but I think my stricter stance and use of time outs helped because today it was like a whole new world.

Here they are, hanging around, James looking as if he desperately needs to be saved:



No comments: