Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend 2011 - Part 2

Wow....one blog post a week is just not cutting it.  I do not know where the week went, but it flew by and I just did not have a free minute to myself (or if I did I must have been busy getting ready for Christmas and enjoying the holiday).  I love this time of year and while the days pass by at a glacial rate for the kids, the time absolutely flies for me.  I cannot believe I only have7 more days of silver bells, Christmas carols, and endless general holiday awesomeness.  I will definitely have some post-holiday depression on January 2nd. Until then, I am enjoying every minute of it and appreciating the incredible amount of enthusiasm over here.  The city is filled with incredible holiday festivities, and I have tried to take advantage of as many as possible.  I even took the kids to a place called Santa's Secret Workshop yesterday.  During Halloween the place operates as a haunted house, which should give you a hint or two about the operation.  The kids loved every minute of it and even tolerated a decent wait.

I have some nice pictures from the weekend but I am still catching up on Thanksgiving, so please bear with me.  Here are a few more from our weekend in the country:

Headed out for a swamp tour in Papa's Jeep:

Pete, enjoying some quiettime in the hammock:


Nana &Papa with the grandkids:


Nana with her cuddlebug:


Luz and GG, walking and talking:

Harvesting citrus:


James after eating a bitter grapefruit, belly filled with citrus:



Satsuma trees.  We LOVE these.  There are some people in my family who overdose on these delicious treats and actually start to turn orange.  I think James will be the same way!


No comments: