Sunday, December 04, 2011

Wedding Day

After what felt like decades, Luis and Casey finally got married last Saturday and Luz and James had the privilege of being a special part of the ceremony as the flower girl and ring bearer.  It was possibly the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended - every detail was so thoughtful and touching - everything from Casey's incredible gown to the unexpected French Quarter musician playing for the wedding party and guests during a photo session in Lafayette Square - that it came together to create a most memorable event.  Even more incredible for me, though, was seeing it all through the eyes of a 6 year old and an almost 3 year old...they were absolutely enamored and did not want to leave Luis and Casey's sides.  I remembered then what I thought about brides when I was a little girl, about how they were princesses and about how a wedding was possibly the most magical thing imaginable...for a while there I felt like I was also a part of this fairy tale, and I suspect I was not the only guest feeling that way.

I was a little lazy with the camera on Saturday - too busy taking it all in and visiting with family and friends.  I managed a few sweet ones in the park when James and Luz crashed the pictures.  Here is one of my favorites:

No comments: