Monday, July 28, 2008

Road Weary

I spent 12 hours in the car today. It normally would not have taken me that long to get from NOLA to Shreveport and back but there was a wreck (I guess)that stopped traffic somewhere over Whiskey Bay. Two elevated lanes of traffic and nowhere to go - eventually people were tailgating to avoid losing their minds. And all of that effort was wasted because my motion was denied. I knew I was doomed when opposing counsel walked out of the Judge's chambers laughing and drinking a cup of the Judge's coffee, probably out of the Judge's coffee mug. I was one of two female attorneys in a crowded courtroom this morning and I was certainly the only attorney from New Orleans. I was an outsider for sure.

I can barely keep my eyes open. We had a delicious dinner with Pop and Aunt Kate, but I think that is about all the activity I can handle this evening. I will post the rest of the pictures from last weekend tomorrow after I catch up on some much needed sleep.

No comments: