Thursday, May 21, 2009

Big Sexy

Every morning when I drop James off at daycare one of the caregivers always asks how "big sexy" is doing. I didn't really think he was all that big, but I imagined that they have seen quite a few babies, being that they work in a daycare and all, so I started to worry they were right, that he was some sort of monstrosity. Luckily, I didn't have to wait too long to clear it all up because James had his 4 month checkup today. According to the doctor, he weighs 15.8 lbs and is 26.5 inches long. She didn't gasp when she read the numbers and didn't even mention the stats, except to repeat them to me. In order to figure out whether those numbers actually mean he is big and sexy I had to input the numbers and have the computer plot them on a chart. As far as I can tell he is somewhere around the 50th percentile for weight and around the 75th for height...so, not unusual. I suppose it is the way he carries it.

Here he is testing out the Bumbo (a hand-me-down from the Bourgeois family). What a great invention. When La Luz first saw it she said,"where did you get that awesome potty?". I don't think these things existed when La Luz was a baby:


and with La Luz, whose mouth is covered in Spaghettios (she was sent home from school today with fever and immediately changed into her princess nightgown so she could get comfortable for marathon movie watching in her bed). They are watching Dora the Explorer. Riveted, as usual:


For some reason he looks particularly pasty and drooly in the pictures. I guess it looks like I don't bathe or properly care for my kids and, honestly, at 6:30 p.m. this is generally how they look, so I have no great excuse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see it in her eyes she is not feeling too good, but they really look good and well, see you in so many hours, yayyyyyyyyyy
love to you all
Nana

catherine said...

julie-- you are a totally awesome mom. please please let me know if you need anything today! xoxo neets

Heather said...

Bumbos definitely didn't exist when I had Anthony or PJ - I think I will invest in one for new baby though....