Thursday, May 07, 2009

What Was Old...

Remember these:

I had tons of them in the mid-80's. I LOVED them and, because they were cheap, I don't think mom and pop thought twice about purchasing a variety of colors to satisfy my wardrobe needs. At some point we realized that they were hideous or uncomfortable or a combination of the two and stopped wearing them. Forever. Until...enter Tory Burch's summer line:


I saw these and at first I gagged a little and thought, "jellies, why I..." but then I started to warm up to the idea and then ultimately fell in love and decided it would be the perfect shoe for summertime. They are sort of outrageously priced, considering that they are nothing more than the contemporary version of jellies, but I sort of think they might be my answer to the croc craze. I don't know how they feel on but if they are the slightest bit comfortable I think I am sold.

3 comments:

Kitty Brown said...

Let me know after you've purchased/worn then for a while. I'm curious.

M C Brown said...

MOM is on the hunt for them for you! i am sure you will have them soon, with pro shopper out looking for them.

Sara said...

I love all things Tory, but, it is n ot in my budget so I just eye them jealously. I have been wanting a pair of Reva ballets for ages.

Sara