Monday, January 18, 2010

January Mix

It was tough mustering up the energy to get the day started this morning. The park was empty, James was still sleeping, Luz was eating Cheerios all bleary-eyed and huggable in her p.j.s, and Christian was enjoying a leisurely morning drinking iced-coffee and reading the paper. The blow was softened just a bit by the fact that I won the first quarter 'square' in the office football pool - hooray for mad money - and Christian put together a January mix. Here it is:

1. My Girls - Animal Collective
2. Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
3. Warpaint - Billie Holiday
4. Flakes - Mystery Jet
5. Let Em In - Wings
6. Farther On - Vetiver
7. Norway - Beach House
8. Angels in the Snow - Elliot Smith :(
9. Harold T. Wilkins - Fanfarlo
10. Madonna of the Wasps - Robin Hitchcock
11. Memories of Places We've Never Been - Faunts
12. Tin Man - Animal Kingdom
13. Tiger Mountain Peasant Song - First Aid Kit
14. Everyday - Vetiver
15. Kick Drum Heart - The Avett Brothers
16. Knotty Pine - Dirty Projectors and David Byrne
17. Transparence - Asobi Seksu
18. Sad Birthday - Bombaldi
19. Wow - Cinerama
20. Rabbit Heart - Florence and the Machine

I have only had two listens straight through and so far the real loves for me are the last one - Rabbit Heart - not at all what I was expecting but very entertaining and the Wings song - it is wonderful and reminds me of when I was a kid.

2 comments:

Kitty Brown said...

Yum, iced coffee. Don't get me wrong, I love these twins, but I'll be making arrangements for a coffee IV drip after delivery.

katie said...

duh, wings is awesome. i mean, it is a paul mccartney band...