Sunday, December 19, 2010

First Cut

Despite getting totally sidelined by a nasty bout of strep throat last week, I finally completed a big project at work and have time to get organized before vacation. I am slowly starting to feel like my old self again and even managed to muster the energy to run this morning. There is no question that the past two weeks were some of the busiest in my life. As a result, I have shopping and cleaning and organizing and planning and packing to do - all in a very short period of time.

We have been busy, yeah, but we have had all sorts of fun. The most news-worthy, though perhaps less-exciting of the recent events was James' first haircut. It broke my heart but I got tired of seeing the daycare ladies put barrettes in his hair, hated watching him squint and constantly push his bangs out of his eyes, and realized I had a problem when I started putting Luz's headbands in his hair while he played.

He was totally upset the entire time (both of us were) but I managed a few shots with Luz's help.

The only person who cuts our hair is Aunt Sue so I had not idea what to do when I finally decided it had to be done. I opted for the very old-timey, Golden Shears, where my brothers used to get their hair cut. It is a true barbershop, the real deal:


The hair, immediately before the cut. You can see why I couldn't wait any longer:


On my lap and very angry:



And afterward, comforted by Luz and a paper bird and looking much more Jim Carrey ala Dumb and Dumber than Justin Bieber (at least according to Christian):


but at least he can see when he plays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww. You tried to wait, it looks so cute and he did not look happy but like you said no more barrettes, and he can see now. Love it
Nana