Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mama's Day

Have you seen the most recent cover of time magazine...


I woke up to this lovely Mother's Day tribute this morning and it warmed my heart.   With every fiber of my being all that I really care about anymore is being an awesome mother, whatever that means, and oftentimes I am pretty sure that I fail miserably - like the other day when Luz told me about a story she was writing about a young girl named Magnolia who had a birthday party but her mother could not make it because she was busy at work.  The troubling part was that she did not seem particularly upset about it, quite to the contrary, she was rather matter-of-fact.  Ugh.

It was a lovely mother's day, filled with all of the things that I care about most, time with family and friends, rest and relaxation, and lots and lots of hugs and kisses from the kiddos.  We were lucky enough to have Nana and Papa-T in town for the weekend and an idle Saturday resulted in a few long hours or productive yard work and an awesome new herb garden...what a wonderful mother's day gift...now my fingers are crossed in the hopes that I can keep this garden growing.




James and Nana, watching the gardeners:


The weekend ended with a beautiful sunset and an evening swim followed by a delicious dinner at Anne and Luis' house where we celebrated all of the moms and Christian (oh yeah, did I mention it is also his birthday?  the nerve).




No comments: