Wednesday, October 14, 2009

An Additional Expense - Dry Cleaning

I left work at around 5:30 today and it felt like I had a part time job. I am not sure there was much advantage to leaving at 5:30 because the traffic was awful and it took half an hour to travel 5 miles, but it was a liberating sensation. My early departure was due to baby Elizabeth's first birthday party. I had to swing by the house, collect the kids, and make it to Tiffany and Mike's before the 6:30 cake smashing. We did it, though barely, and it was worth the racing around. The party was perfect. The highlight was a whimsical Happy Birthday banner that Tiffany stayed up constructing until all hours last night. I hope she got some good pictures because I did not have a chance to take a single one as I was completely preoccupied with James and his spit up. My warning to all new mom's out there (and this is advice I should heed but don't and then end up kicking myself over) is to change into something machine washable before you pick up/play with/go anywhere within a 5 foot radius of your baby. If you are wearing something that happens to be dry clean only, you will, inevitably, be barfed on. As luck would have it, it happened to me tonight. I had on this:


my brand-new, birthday splurge, Banana Republic shirt dress which I bought specifically for work and intended to wear many more times before having to dry clean. Oh well. In addition to diapers and formula, don't forget to create a budget for extra dry cleaning because you will need it.

1 comment:

Kitty Brown said...

The dress is really cute, though.