Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wiped. Out.

After 2 weekends in a row of being the one to wake up first with the kids and then 5 or so nights of rocking and bouncing James at 3 a.m. I am exhausted. It hit me this afternoon when Christian got home from the Saints game - I could barely muster the energy to change a diaper.

That said, the cold weather over the past few days has been invigorating and - realizing it is probably temporary - we did what we could to enjoy it and spent most of the weekend outside - with the exception of a few hours this afternoon while La Luz and I were watching the Saints and making our first gumbo.

An activity-filled weekend, a Saints victory, and tons of quality time with friends and family is about as good as it gets in my world. So, even though I am tired, I am filled with joy.

It was cold; I am not kidding. See for yourself.

Here's James, bundled up for a morning run:


La Luz at the Bywater Arts Market, falling in love with Scout, a gentle German shepherd desperately in need of a home:



1 comment:

Kitty Brown said...

I heard it was quite chilly this weekend -- it is FREEZING in BHM. Thanks for the prizes Mrs. B brought back!!!