Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Sunbeam To Warm You

We did not do anything in particular to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this year. I managed to get a festive bow in Luz's hair and found a green and white shirt to stuff James into, but that is about it. There was no block party at Parasol's for me this year. Additionally, despite his many subtle (and not so subtle) hints, I did not even make Christian a traditional dinner of corned beef and cabbage. I just don't like corned beef or cabbage and the thought of smelling cabbage and looking at and having to touch the corned beef was too much for me to take. Sorry pal, maybe next year.

We had a peaceful evening, well, as peaceful as it can be with James running into things, throwing things, and having periodic meltdowns. We spent some time outside enjoying the sunlight:





and Luz practiced her photography skills and took a picture of her St. Patrick's flower arrangement:


The pictures are taken with Christian's Canon Powershot. His version is an SD790 IS. This is my favorite pocket-sized, digital, point and shoot (non SLR, of course) but I am not thrilled with the quality of the pictures this one in particular takes. I am wondering if maybe this one is a dud because everyone else that I know that owns a Powershot takes incredible pictures. Alas, I have to take my camera into the shop and see if it can be repaired. If not, I will have to start thinking about what to do. I am lonely without it.

No comments: