Monday, May 17, 2010

Good Manners Tea With Luz

As time goes on I tend to block out the incredibly hectic, ultra stress-inducing start and finish of each school year. The calendar takes on a life of its own and practically requires an interpreter to explain to me what the color-coded signs and symbols actually mean. It is fair to say that I barely know what is going on from day to day but that somehow, by the grace of god, it all seems to work out. It is no small miracle. There are celebrations and meetings and half days and last minute field trips and uniform sales and a million other reasons why I feel like I spend a few hours each week at ASH. This is not to say that I don't love every minute of it, just that it becomes a bit crazy. Plus, it is tough to explain to people at work why May Crowning, Good Manners Tea, a 'fake' school birthday party (since Luz has a summer birth date), and the end of the year Luau all require my attendance. They do.

Would you have missed this:


Luz and her classmates displayed their impeccable manners recently at a tea in the school cafeteria. It was a total treat. There were hats and baby dolls and we ate scones and said "please" and "thank-you." The highlight - Luz picked one of aunt Molls' old dresses to wear for the occasion. She looked so totally old-fashioned and sweet:


No comments: