Sunday, May 09, 2010

I AM MAMA

After a few miserable days of being quarantined with strep throat, the Vaicius family emerged just in time for a visit from Nana and Papa-T, a weekend filled with gorgeous weather, and Mother's Day. It was perfect really, particularly after feeling lousy for so long and after being cooped up in the house.

We spent Saturday in the French Quarter and for the first time in a long time I felt like a tourist in my own town and loved every minute of it. Christian and I snuck in a late movie at The Prytania courtesy of Nana and Papa-T, and we enjoyed a delicious Mother's Day brunch at mom's house. The weekend ended my favorite way - an evening walk, a brief stop at the park, and dinner together as a family.

Mother's Day wouldn't be complete without a few tokens of affection though, right?

Who could resist this beauty from James:


Something tells me he didn't actually create this one.

And then this one from Luz:


Her art work has improved over the year. I think she has officially surpassed my drawing and coloring ability, though I am not sure that is saying much. Apologies for the glare but Luz actually took this picture.

But these, these are the real gifts:








I feel like the luckiest Mama in the world and have a heart full of love for all the moms in my life.

No comments: