Thursday, September 08, 2011

Who Dat Season

After a long day of driving that followed a somewhat contentious hearing and a sub-par night of sleep on one of the hardest hotel beds ever, I wanted nothing more than a large glass of wine and a peaceful night. I do not know exactly how it happened but for some reason James and Lucy were in rare form tonight. They were bouncing footballs off of furniture and each other, chasing each other around the house and running and jumping. Not that we sit in silence and knit and read most nights...but this was exceptional. I suppose they were excited about the possibility of staying up late to watch the first Saints game, or maybe it was the sugary Gatorade I let them drink with dinner. Or maybe they just missed me and were thrilled that I was home...I will believe that was the reason.

Here they are, in Saints gear, ready for the game:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luz & James looked like they were ready and waiting! for the game. Sorry the game didn't end good, but it was a good one. Thanks for sharing, you could tell it was fun! Love Nana

Kitty Brown said...

Love it. Hopefully the gear will inspire the team to do a little better next time . . . hmmm . . .

Catherine said...

Jamesy looks like he is pinching his OWN cheeks in the first one. Overwhelming adorableness. Jeez.