We are back in NOLA after a lovely week in Atlanta filled with, in no particular order, the following awesomeness:
1. tons of times with family and friends we do not see often enough;
2. late bedtimes and mornings spent in pjs, lounging around;
3. some incredible (but hilly) runs in a beautiful public park;
4. great meals;
5. a night in one of the most luxurious hotels I have ever been in;
6. a trip to Ikea and H&M;
7. my first-ever trip to Stone Mountain, GA;
8. a late afternoon arrival in NOLA to our house mid-way through a massive, much-needed paint job.
There are tons of exciting things going on over the next few weeks and, although I am not totally psyched about getting back in to the routine and I am going to be in a bit of a post-holiday funk (especially when my sweet sissy heads back to NYC on Wednesday), I am looking forward to James' 3rd birthday, the start of the Mardi Gras season, a freshly painted house, friends in and out of town for various football games and events over the next few weeks and whatever other blessings 2012 has in store.