Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Think It Might Be Summertime

We spent the weekend outside, the a/c is running, and I broke I sweat walking to my car earlier today.  Is it  the end of the cool weather?  Is it the start of summer already?  I did not have to wear a heavy coat once this entire winter.  I have so many turtlenecks I wanted to wear just one more time before the 80 degree weather arrived.  I would like just one more night out in tall boots and the thought of sorting through the clothes and discovering that the kids do not fit in any of the summer clothes from last year is overwhelming (it took 15 minutes to find something for James to wear this morning).  Alas, I think it is time to dust off the flip flops and look for some new shorts.  Some people around here could not be happier about it:

Luz, setting up shop with her "guys" on the front porch, enjoying the gorgeous, warm weather:



and James, in a too-tiny t-shirt, waiting for his cousins at the Audubon Zoo:



What is it about my kids?  They have a love of figurines that is out of control.  Sure, I enjoyed playing with Strawberry Shortcake dolls when I was little, but these guys are obsessive.  They tote them around, take them on errands, play with them all over the house, and are entertained for hours on end.  You can see James' Star Wars "guys" set up on the bricks in front of the bench in the middle of the zoo.




No comments: