Sunday, March 11, 2012

Palmer Park

If you live in NOLA and have not spent some time in Palmer Park recently, I highly recommend it.  I am a total sucker for a good fair/fest so I head over there, usually with both kids in tow, for the monthly market.  I do not usually buy anything, although I LOVE to browse, but most of the time I bribe the kids with a Nutella crepe or a bag of kettle corn. They are easy.   Last month, James and I were entertained by some incredible local opera singers while we shared a crepe.

The biggest draw for the kids, however, is the recently-renovated playground.  It is spacious, safe and totally entertaining for kids of all ages.  My guys particularly enjoy the scavenger hunt.  I think they would be happy to join me for a trip to the arts market without a bribe as long as I allowed for an hour of play time.  Next time you are in the neighborhood or just looking for a way to enjoy a nice spring day in NOLA, head over there.  You will not be disappointed.






No comments: