Monday, March 19, 2012

Toothless

I know it did not exactly happen over night, but it sure feels like it did.  All of the sudden I am a mom of a girl who is old enough to have no front teeth.  It does not seem possible because I still feel like I am playing house and that I am pretending to be an attorney when I put on a suit and go to court, like the kid in the Frosted Mini Wheats commercial.  I am sure that at any moment they will clue in and warn me that the jig is up, that it is time to go back to being a foolish child who knows nothing and gets by on smiles and luck.

Please tell me I am not the only adult, the only mama, the only lawyer who feels this way...anyone?


Lucy, 6 years 9 months, toothless.

1 comment:

lilmommy said...

You are not alone. I have four all together and some days I wake up and forget I have all this responsibility waiting for me. Plus with the younger two not in school, when my husband walks out the door it's like "Whoa, all alone now."