Sunday, April 15, 2007

Stuck

I have heard about this happening many times - seen the sad, tired faces on the 6 o'clock news - but this is the first time it has happened to me. Jet Blue cancelled the flight I was set to depart on tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. The weather is bad, but not terrible, at least not here. It is just rainy, but I am accustomed to rain. I am scheduled to leave on Tuesday morning on the same flight. I will not believe it until I am seated on the plane and it taxis down the runway.

In the meantime, I will have to try to figure out how not miss La Luz and Christian too much, and how not to stress out about work and enjoy an extra day of total vacation. Christian and La Luz will have to muddle along without me. By all accounts they are doing just fine. Nana and Papa-T were in for the weekend and left earlier today. Christian took La Luz to French Quarter Fest for a bit and La Luz apparently really enjoyed eating a brisket poboy, crawfish pie, and crawfish monica. Wow. Tonight they had dinner at GGs with the rest of the family to celebrate mom and pop's anniversary and Sarah and Cheairs engagement! Here she is playing with her pony collection on GG's sunporch.

No comments: