Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lucy, Squared

Today was another very long day for La Luz. Although it has essentially just begun, I am already looking forward to the end of the volleyball season and the return of shorter days for La Luz. La Luz went straight from a long school day to the ASH/Newman volleyball game and by the time I got to the gym she was ready for bed.

The long day ended with a delicious red beans and rice dinner at La Luz's namesake's house. Years ago, when Christian and I moved back to New Orleans after I finished law school, Tuesday night red beans was a weekly standard. It was so nice to know that we had a guaranteed hot meal, beer, wine, and great company at least once a week. I hope that Aunt Lucy will start the tradition again. La Luz had a great time playing with the three doggies, watching one of the many movies in Aunt Lucy's collection, and hitting her up for various treats. She is already asking to go back for more.

No comments: