Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More Of What I Was Always Waiting For

When I didn't have a kid and I would sometimes see other adults out and about with children dressed in strange get-ups, like snowsuits in June and cowboy boots with party dresses, I always suspected that the parents encouraged strange wardrobe selections. Now that I have a two-year old I realize that mix-matched outfits are purely the result of toddler fascination. Lately, La Luz prefers my black Anne Klein flats and the pink tutu she inherited from the Wilson twins:


La Luz's love of 'dressing-up' spiralled out of control earlier this week when a gigantic box filled with Maddie Moore's hand-me-down's arrived at the house. La Luz managed to dig straight past the beautiful smocked dresses to unearth the Dora The Explorer costume, replete with brown, mop-like wig and backpack. She also found a pair of two-sizes-too-big polka dot shoes and hasn't taken them off willingly since.

1 comment:

Kitty Brown said...

Too bad Lucy doesn't realize that she's making her rehearsal dinner video right now . . . so cute :)