Tuesday, November 13, 2007

When 5 Feels Like 9

I love daylight savings. I love the cold weather that is supposed to come with it. I love the holidays that follow fast behind the time change. I love the light mornings and I even love the dark nights. This year the time change has impacted me greater than any other year I can remember, however, and it has not been all good. At work I find myself becoming restless, unfocused, and ready to start 'wrapping things up' by about 4:30. By 5:30 I am wondering how people are still in the office. I think to myself, "are they crazy? It is dark out there". The most unfortunate side-effect is that La Luz is exhausted by 7:30 so we had to move her bedtime up. Daylight savings has drastically cut in to our evening playtime during the week and I am not happy about it.

Here she is, during the brief 45 minutes we were together tonight, playing on the kitchen floor:

No comments: