Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Day

I had an 8 o'clock conference call this morning and I stopped by the hospital to visit Pop on the way home from work. When I left this morning La Luz was barely awake and when I returned home she was already asleep. It reminded me of what life was like when we lived in Thibodaux after Hurricane Katrina and commuted to Lafayette. During those days, even if I never saw La Luz when the sun was up, I would see her a few times in the middle of the night to feed her. Now she is old and once she is asleep, she is asleep, usually. The temptation to run into her room and pick her up out of her bed and hug her and rock her is huge. There is nothing I like more at the end of a long day. After all of Christian's hard work it just wouldn't be fair for me to disrupt her. Or would it...

2 comments:

ummmhello said...

I'm happy to know we're not the only ones with lives so crazy that some days by the time you get to see your child, they're asleep. I have that urge, too, to go in and say, "Wake up, honey, Momma's here...."
Sooo jealous of your weather! I absolutely LOVE NOLA but can't get my husband to relocate anywhere there is a chance of 80 degree weather in Feb :)

Kitty Brown said...

I would wake her up -- I guess that means I should stick with dogs for now?! We are so PUMPED to see you guys next weekend!