Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Will You Join Me For Another Round

Crossing the finish line was, without a doubt, the high point of the weekend. Here I am with Jim. Did I mention that he is 73? Yea, he beat me too. To be fair he has run over 25 marathons in his life. He convinced me to race him to the finish line as we rounded the bend on the last stretch of the race. He said the crowd would love it and he was right.


The brunch at Commander's was pretty incredible as well and is a very close second. Apples and oranges really. Here we are, post race, post brunch, sated and exhausted.


Thinking about Commander's reminds me that I have not been able to keep up with my food journal at all. The last few days before the marathon I decided not to keep a close watch on what I ate because I was worried that it would cause me to cut back on carbs and calories - two things I knew I needed. It was tough to keep track on the day of the marathon because I lost count of the Gatorade and GU. Brunch at Commander's was another story entirely - how do you quantify buttermilk pancakes with Strawberries and Mint Julep Whipped Cream? After one more day off (I am going to dinner at Luke tomorrow night) I will again be diligent about keeping a record, in case you are curious.

Scarlet took some great pictures over the past weekend. If I was a bit more savvy I would know how to link to the Kodak website. I will try to figure it out this week.

1 comment:

Kitty Brown said...

I'll be interested to hear about Luke -- it's on our list.