Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Happy, Sleepy Haze

We all stayed up a little past our customary bedtimes last night what with all of the excitement. For La Luz, that meant she was up until 9:30. I was awake until midnight and Christian fell asleep on the sofa until around 2 a.m. when he finally managed to drag himself upstairs to bed. I guess we made it through the day today in a sleepy haze but fueled by the events of the night before. I am still at a loss for words to describe how I felt watching it all unfold.

We had a quiet evening around here - dinner at mom-mom and pop's to visit and collect our treats from pop's trip to Virgina (pear preserves from Kitty for me - yippee - and 2 UVA t-shirts for La Luz - in her favorite color of course, orange). Christian is at the ASH Open House, the bug is sound asleep and I am not far behind.

Here's a picture of La Luz just because:

1 comment:

Kitty Brown said...

Glad they made it to you. Please know I had NOTHING to do with the actual picking/canning, but I will take full credit for the deliciousness.