Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I started out the week anxious because of a small trial I had on Monday, totally blue because I was missing my dad (his birthday, Thanksgiving, all these things I wish he was still around to be a part of), exhausted due to an ongoing sleep deprivation issue on account of the kids, and worn out from a nagging sore throat. Over the past week James cut a new tooth (the total is now 5), Luz came down with a nasty ear infection, Christian caught the sore throat I started the week with, and then we gave Luz a toxic dose of Delsym and had to keep her up until 3 a.m. to make sure she was going to be okay.

That said, we managed to have a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner surrounded by family in Thibodaux, we picked about 50 lbs of citrus, took long walks, watched the incredible sunsets (and sunrises - at least James and I did once or twice), stared at the trucks going about their business harvesting the sugar cane (James can watch loud trucks dump things into other loud trucks for hours), fried turkeys and twinkies (this is true, really), roasted smores and sat by a bonfire, went on a hayride, had two lovely dinners with the B'ham Browns, and started watching Christmas cartoons 24/7, and it isn't even December yet.

I can be thankful for the highs and the lows. I have to be because I know I cannot have one without the other.

Christian and Luz (in her precious MCB design t-shirt):


Luz, part pilgrim costume:


Luz and Edward, by the tractor wheel:


Golden sunset:


James, grapefruit = ball:


James, first hayride:


Attempting to get just one picture of them together in their Thanksgiving t's:



2 comments:

Kitty Brown said...

Can you believe not a single picture Saturday night? I actually didn't take one the whole weekend. Sad sad sad. Loved seeing you guys!

Anonymous said...

Some beautiful pics!