Monday, June 04, 2007

And Then Suddenly

Tonight two very important pastimes came together for some incredible entertainment - the nightly changing of various dolls' and animals' diapers coupled with the nightly game of dress-up involving whatever pair of my shoes La Luz decides to dig out of the baskets. The result:



In addition to Sunday evenings, I also hate Mondays. I don't have a problem with any of the other days and, in fact, I love Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday mornings. Today it was rainy and gray and I had trouble concentrating. I watched the clock, a lot. I daydreamed about the beach, a lot. I wasted time thinking about what I would rather be doing and I ended the day feeling generally less productive than I would have liked. I spent 45 minutes outside on the front porch enjoying a little bit of sun that snuck out at the last minute and watching La Luz look around the yard for one of the neighborhood cats - again, unproductive but this time, blissful.

Today I got further details from the guys at Phoenix recycling about their program. They hope to get started by the fall and they anticipate that the cost will be $15 per month. They intend to reduce the price, depending on participation. For obvious reasons they are not circulating fliers so the news is being spread via word of mouth. I want to see this program succeed so please, those of you in New Orleans, consider joining and send the guys at phoenixrecycling@gmail.com and email so that you can get on their mailing list.

No comments: