Thursday, June 28, 2007

While I Am Away

For the last few days I have been working hard, much harder than I have in a long time and I don't miss the late hours at the office. It isn't much fun. Instead of feeling sorry for myself I managed to take advantage of the free time and, in addition to working a ton, I have been able to relax (a bit), do some things around the house, and spend time doing things I don't normally have a chance to do (quiet, peaceful dinner with mom; morning coffee with Jen and Betsy; dinner at GG and Papa's George's house; a few longer runs without a dog and jog stroller; dentist appointment - the first in three years-and not without consequences; and long, long, long hot showers). Clearly, it hasn't been all bad. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, especially the bug, and to spending some time relaxing over the next week.

Apparently La Luz is having a grand time with Nana, Papa-T, and her cousin Liam. Here are a few glimpses into what life has been like for her for the past few days:


I am not even sure she realizes I am not around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I promise she realizes. Yesterday afternoon she spent a good 10 minutes demanding to see Mommy. She has noticed and she is ready to get rid of me. Thank goodness that Nana offers her a new face.

TOITA said...

Have fun you all!!! Jules good job! It was not as bad as we thought it would be, and now it`s time for fun and vacation!!!
Have a nice week!!

Love and miss you alll

TOI