Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's Just You Sitting Next To Me

For the most part, La Luz, Loki and Christian have been inseparable since Christian's return, and I understand. Nevertheless, it leaves me feeling a bit left-out. I managed a few quiet minutes with La Luz and Loki this evening on the porch while La Luz ate a popsicle. The more Christian is around after being away, the more I realize I hate when he is away. When I came home from work tonight dinner was made, the yard was mowed, the garden was weeded and pruned, the fridge and pantry were stocked, and La Luz was in a great mood. It stands to reason that a girl could get used to such things. I think it is even worse for La Luz though. When Christian left to walk Loki earlier tonight she bawled. I tried to explain that he would be right back but it is much more black and white to a two year old - you are here or you aren't. So it goes.


Tomorrow evening is the Cottage Living Idea Home block party. After a little over 3 months of hard work the house is complete and it looks beautiful. We are really looking forward to the party - a fair trade for not being allowed to park on the street during the day tomorrow and for the nuisance of the heavy construction over the past few months. The house has been open since July 12 but we have not seen the inside (except for pictures) yet so we can't wait for the chance to check it out. I will hopefully get some good pictures and have more details about the place tomorrow night.

1 comment:

TOITA said...

Hey!! It looks like the gang is together again!!! That`s nice...I`m glad that Chris made it safely back home...always good to know.
I miss you all!!! Take care!


Toi