Sunday, October 26, 2008

Boo At The Zoo And Other Fun-Filled Events

We have had an incredibly busy weekend and it isn't over yet. I am posting early today because La Luz and I are getting ready to head to City Park to meet Christian at Voodoo Fest for a few hours. He decided to go for the entire today but I figured there was no way the bug would make it for 9 hours and we had plenty of important things to do around here like carving pumpkins and taking naps.

The weather has been absolutely amazing. In order to take advantage of the cool temps and sunny skies we spent as much time outside as possible. We didn't get much done around the house - it is desperately in need of a good vacuum thanks to Loki, but I suppose that will have to wait until next weekend.

Friday night we took La Luz to Boo At The Zoo. She selected her Sleeping Beauty costume - not my favorite choice, but it is the one at the top of her list since it is her most recent acquisition. I think that the fact that it is a two-part costume and not a full dress makes it look incredibly cheap (or maybe it was incredibly cheap - Christian bought it so I am not sure). The length of the skirt is terrible too - it hits just below La Luz's knee - absolutely un-princess-like. I also hate the plastic heels that make up the costume. La Luz insisted on wearing them all around the gravely zoo, stumbling like a miniature drunk. She had a great time at the zoo, danced around like a crazy lady, clawed Christian in horror if she saw an even mildly creepy costume and ate more candy in three hours than she normally does in a week. It was a great start to the weekend.

I will post more about the weekend later. Here are a few pictures in the meantime:





No comments: