Monday, October 08, 2007

Newer Every Day

Tomorrow is mom's birthday and I can't let the day pass without celebrating the occasion. I am always impressed by what mom is doing. Each year she seems to have something new up her sleeve - trips to Turkey and South Africa; random, crazy assortments of far-flung foreigners in and out of the house, and the latest and most impressive escapade is her full-time job as a teacher's aid in the new and improved Abramson Science and Technology Charter School in the heart of New Orleans East.

How does she do it? I have no idea. Why does she do it? I think it has something to do with the challenge, but mostly I think it is about the biggest heart I know and the need for it to touch as many people as possible.

Happy Birthday Mom. Thanks for being an inspiration and a model for me.
With all our love for another wonderful year.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Happy Birthday, "Mom"!!! Have a great day, and let your loved ones spoil and pamper you!