Wednesday, January 09, 2008

NOLA, I Love It

While Christian was at the Hornets game La Luz and I spent the evening with one of my old friends who is in town from Chicago visiting with his girlfriend, an EENT who is interviewing for a position at Children's. It was wonderful to see him and the idea of having him back in New Orleans makes me happy, but I find that, as much as I love this city, I have a tough time persuading people to move here. As incredible a place as it is, this city is not without its challenges and it takes a very special appreciation of the place and a ton of patience to live here. I hope that he and his girlfriend move here, but I also hope they are realistic about what to expect. That said, at this point I can't imagine anywhere I would be happier and I can't picture La Luz growing up anywhere else.


I don't think we would get this reaction driving through the suburbs with the windows down.

5 comments:

Kitty Brown said...

You're right.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!

Anonymous said...

I disagree. You would definitely get that reaction while driving past the Chili's or AppleBee's

Anonymous said...

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, YOU JUST LEARN TO LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

Here, here!