Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Toys With Staying Power - Entry #1

There are certain toys and books that La Luz has had since she was born that she continues to play with/read two and a half years later. I decided it would be a good idea to keep track of the things that have been most appealing to her in order to maintain a record of the good stuff.

Entry # 1 - Elegant baby bath toys


This particular toy (or set of toys) is not the first entry because it is the greatest, but is so simply because I watched La Luz play with them tonight and was amazed for a second that she still has so much fun with them. I got these when she was probably about 6 months old and she has played with them almost every day. She carries them around with her, bathes with them, puts them in the swimming pool, and even sleeps with them occasionally. I like the size because they fit easily in my purse and my pocket. When La Luz was teething she chewed on them. It was a great investment at around $15 if I remember correctly. I think I got La Luz's set at Ah-Ha. I actually had to get a second set because she lost the monkey out of the first set and sort of flipped out because he was her favorite.


The duck in the picture is actually not part of the set.

La Luz and I had dinner with mom-mom and pop who are finally back in town after almost a month in Houston. La Luz was thrilled to see them and to spend time playing at their house. After getting La Luz bathed and settled I tackled the first in a long list of chores that need to be completed by mid-week next week in preparation for Mardi Gras. The chore tonight was ironing - something I suck at and hate. Honestly, by the time I am finished I think clothes look more wrinkled. I had to do it though - I finally got tired of staring at and moving the pile of clothes that have needed to be ironed since Halloween (I promise, it feels like yesterday). I am also still battling a disgusting cold that seems to have infected my entire office. I am ready to feel better so that I can get back to training for the marathon. I have already missed a week of running and am hoping I can get back on track this weekend. I am feeling particularly lethargic and keep waiting for a clear head and a good burst of energy. Actually, I think I have been hoping for a clear head and a good burst of energy since high school. Wishful thinking indeed.

2 comments:

NOLAcathie said...

You can't imagine what wonderful "medicine" you and Lucy are.
After 3 very long and trying weeks,
it's lovely to be home again.
At the moment, nothing could be sweeter!

TOITA said...

Heyyy! Nice to hear that Mom-Mom and Pops got back home!!!
Good for you all...I can imagine how thrilled everyone is...
Take care my friend and keep training!!!! I am so proud of you! haha!

XOXOX