Monday, January 14, 2008

The Start Of Something

La Luz spent the afternoon with Aunt Margot and, by the time I arrived at Margot's for dinner, La Luz had managed to stay dry while wearing regular underwear for about 6 hours and, I think, even requested a trip to the bathroom at one point. She was very impressed with her accomplishments and proudly carried around her reward - an orange (of course) Tootsie Roll Pop. She sucked on the lollipop all night and I finally had to wrangle it from her at bedtime, place it in a ziploc, and promise to give it back to her first thing in the morning. There is no question that it takes upwards of 1,000 licks to get to the center of one of those when you are 2.5 years old. I anticipate she will be at it for days, maybe weeks.

I think she just might finally be figuring out the whole potty training thing. I also think that Margot is sort of a master at all of this and the ground she covered today, thanks to her hard work and patience, will likely be unintentionally unraveled by me in the next week. With any luck, maybe not. Fingers crossed.

Here she is...my Gemini...mood swings in a matter of seconds:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me smile!!

TOITA said...

ahahaha! I love that!! She goes from one end to the other in seconds!!
Way to go my Lucy girl!!!!

Love and miss you!!!

Toi

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! My Buttercup is so precious!
Give her a big hug and kiss for me please!
Love
Nana

ummmhello said...

Those are the cutest mood wings I've ever seen!