Thursday, January 17, 2008

There's No One That Compares With You

Before La Luz was born, whenever I had a bad day at work Loki was always waiting at home to cheer me up and it usually worked (with the exception of the days when he decided to do something annoying like scratch the paint off of baseboards or climb under the covers on my side of the bed - yes, he knows how to do this). I have always appreciated his unconditional love and it never ceases to amaze me how comforting it is just to be in the presence of a pet. I don't know what it is, maybe the way he somehow manages to duck his head under my arm, forcing me to scratch his head. It is always makes me laugh.

When La Luz was born I had an even better reason to be cheered up at the end of a bad day. I know exactly what it is about her though, it is the way she freezes when she hears my keys in the door, immediately stops what she is doing and, finally, runs full speed to the front of the house to attack me with hugs and kisses. There is absolutely no better feeling in the world.

After the morning I had at work that cast a shadow over the remainder of the day, there was nothing I needed more than a nice welcome home and I was not let down:


No comments: