Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Catching Up On Important Business

Molls is leaving tomorrow for NYC. It has been a quick trip but we have had time to do a few important things, including movie-watching. A few nights ago we watched this:


and we all agreed it was excellent - though Christian fought hard because he did not want to like something Ben Affleck directed. I had no problem with that and I loved Casey Affleck in this movie. He did an excellent job - maybe it wasn't much of a stretch for him but I was impressed nonetheless.

Tonight we are watching this:


I am very excited about this movie. I loved the book (I have loved every Krakauer book that I have read - I only have one left - I am saving it for a special occasion) and was bummed that I somehow missed it when it was in the theater. I will let you know how it is.

10 comments:

Neila said...

We watched Gone Baby Gone a few weeks ago. It was excellent, but it broke my heart for that little girl. I just couldn't seperate the mother gene enough to enjoy the movie.

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity...
If you saw Gone Baby Gone, whose decision did you support?
The husband (Casey Affleck) or
The wife?

Please vote.
Julie and Molly both were with Casey's character, but I was with the wife.

TOITA said...

no fair!! I haven`t seen it and now I`ll have to live with that ? in my life!!!!!
Probably I will have to wait snce "down here" it will take longer to be in the theatres!!!
Thanks Dude!!! hahahahahaha!

Neila said...

I was not on Team Casey. The wife was right.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Neila. It is a tie 2 to 2.

Anonymous said...

CASEY

Julie Vaicius said...

Just for clarification - I think the wife was right but I think Casey was also right - there is a right way to deal with the situation and the wife's solution was not the 'right' way.

Neila said...

I would like to clarify also. Casey's way was the just and not to mention legal thing to do. Who are we to decide what is actually best for a child? She belonged with her mother. The other point is that her mother is a total a crack head and I couldn't have brought myself to knowingly put a child in that situation. It's just sucks, which is why I have to stick to romantic comedies!

Anonymous said...

I think y,all should start watching funny movies instead.

Scarlet said...

OK - as counsel for DSS, I absolutely had to know how the movie ends, so I asked my husband, who sees every movie that comes out. He gave me the blow-by-blow details. It really shows you how challenging the job of child welfare really is - there really is no right answer b/c you have competing compelling interests -- the constitutional liberty interest of a parent, and the equally compelling best interests of the child. At the end of the day, you make a hard decision, and hope that it all works out.