Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Here's What Has Been Happening

It has been one of those crazy days...trying to get enough work done so that I can enjoy my brief Easter vacation in Atlanta without some overwhelming anxiety about the amount of work in need of my attention, running a few errands at lunch because when else does a working mom shop for Easter bunny treats, and the list goes on. Mid chaos I got an email from La Luz's teacher that she actually used the potty at school. This is serious stuff. This is the moment we have been waiting for. At the same time I got a call from Christian who just wanted to let me know that while he was busy teaching someone decided to absolutely obliterate the side of his car and not leave a note. The car that was a gift to us during Hurricane Katrina after ours flooded and we had no other options, the car that has been incredibly reliable for the past 2 years, the car that we are supposed to be returning to Papa-T on Thursday, the car that now has (at least according to my best guess) about $3,500.00 worth of body work waiting for it. Life is nothing if not good and bad all together all the time and I guess it doesn't ever hurt to remember that it is all relative, right.

I want to pull my hair out and scream and kick something but then I also want to run in circles and shake my head and make silly faces and kiss La Luz a million times because maybe, just maybe, she is learning how to go to use the potty. This is what our evenings have looked like lately - less clothing = easier potty training, or so they say.



Christian and I (well, me really I can't blame Christian for this one) have been bribing La Luz with this doll (at least it looks like this):

For the past two weeks La Luz has looked at this doll every day, sometimes multiple times. I wouldn't ever let her touch it and it broke my heart. I told her it could be hers when and if she ever decided to go on the potty at school. Tonight she is sound asleep, the precious Cinderella doll wedged between her fingers. I think bribery is twisted stuff, but apparently it is useful at times.

2 comments:

Kitty Brown said...

Here's hoping that today is better -- I can't believe they didn't leave a note! So frustrating. Hooray for Lucy being such a big girl!

TOITA said...

Hey! Don`t panic my friend..as you said life is all about good and bad...so take it as it comes..I am sure that the world will get that stupid and give him some really bad stuff!! I can`t believe it!!
Go my Lucy girl!!! She is getting so big! Seriously I will have to take a plane some time soon to play with her before it is too late! haha!
Happy easter for you all and easy on the chocolate!!

xoxo

TOI