Sunday, March 02, 2008

Here's To Actually Using The Transoms

While La Luz had an action-packed weekend thanks to mom-mom and a visit from baby Edward, I did NOTHING this weekend (with the exception of finally watching Children of Men on Saturday night with Richmond and Christian and it was excellent - more on that when I can think more clearly). I am starting to feel better but have been dealing with what is, I suppose, just a lousy head cold for the past few days. Consequently, we spent most of the weekend lounging around outside (we were fortunate to have had two of the most incredible days in a row) and allowing the nice, spring breeze to blow through the house. I kept whatever doors and windows actually work open and did a ton of laundry. Hopefully sunshine and fresh air will have done the trick. Living in a 100 year old house has some advantages, one of which is that it allows for air to travel through the hallways and rooms with ease thanks to high ceilings and transoms.

Here's how the weekend started:


picking flowers on the front porch...and she asked me to do her hair like that

Here's what it was like in the middle:




oranges on the porch before Christian left for his volleyball tournament

and here's how it ended:


Sunset on the upstairs porch...why don't we do this every night?

2 comments:

NOLAcathie said...

Oh my, those "orange smiles" are
priceless!

Scarlet said...

Oh! To be there with my Lucy on the upstairs porch, just off "my" bedroom. Absolute heaven!