Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Brown Paper Packages

I started to feel generally ill this afternoon at work. It was an effort just to get up from my desk, get into my car, and drive to mom and pop's to pick up La Luz - and I usually love leaving work. Before you start to worry, you should know that I am paranoid about catching La Luz's random illnesses so I guess it might be psychosomatic; nevertheless, my head hurts and my body aches. Incidentally, I took my temperature and it was 98.2. Maybe it didn't work right since it was the baby ear thermometer?

My life was made much easier by mom who made La Luz's supper and packed it away for me in tupperware and even easier still when La Luz and I arrived to find this:


Chris' cousin Stacey sent Lucy a birthday gift. Stacey gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last week - her fourth child, third girl. Stacey is my hero. She was born to be a mom and she does it so perfectly. She works, goes to school, and happens to have four of the most adorable kids around and still remembers things like birthdays. The beautiful part about the gift was not that it allowed me to do what I wanted most tonight - nothing, it was that she selected something that incorporates two of La Luz's favorite things: purses and Elmo. Why didn't I think of that? I wish I had 4 hands because I wasn't able to capture the awe on La Luz's face when we opened the package, she saw what was inside, and realized it was hers. What follows is the aftermath, not quite as good, but still very entertaining.



No comments: