Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday Night Lineup

La Luz had an eventful night starting with swinging on the porch with Mom-Mom, opening her package and playing with the new Dora doll Aunt Julie got her last time she was visiting Edward.


The excitement continued with an excellent birthday dinner for Jonathan at Aunt Margot's where she spent the first 30 minutes trying to get Chloe to come to the back door and the last 30 minutes taking all of the wrapping paper from Jonathan's presents to the kitchen to put in the garbage.



She also rocked in Jordan's chair:


and helped Jonathan open his presents:


She even took her first bite of doberge cake and talked to Jordan on the phone but I didn't get pictures of either of those things.

It was so nice to get to visit with everyone and to celebrate Jonathan's birthday and to not have to worry about preparing dinner. By far the coolest moment of the night was when Jonathan opened his gift from Catherine who happened to paint one of the most awesome looking paintings I have seen in a long time. I hate to sound cliche but I guess there is no way around the fact that it is bold and edgy and just a bunch of fun to look at. I should have taken a picture so those of you who weren't there could see it.

La Luz, Loki and I are bracing for long weekend without Christian. I suppose we will muddle through it somehow. I have a feeling I am going to be hearing a lot of this, "where's dadda...I don't know", over the next few days. Wish us luck.

No comments: