Sunday, September 17, 2006

French Fries and Fetid Farm Animals

La Luz, Loki, and I survived the weekend without Christian. Somehow we managed to keep it together. Rest assured, I had plenty of help. On Friday night Mom-mom and Pop treated La Luz to her first Frankie and Johnny's experience (in all fairness, it was at my urging). Fries and chicken fingers, and Christian was nowhere in sight, it just didn't seem fair. As can be expected, she loved it...


On Saturday we met Kelli and the kids at the zoo and had a great time checking out all the animals. It was hot though, really hot. I took La Luz into the petting zoo and she was sort of grossed-out by the goats (at least I think that's what they were) and I guess it was more the smell than the animals themselves. She must get that from her grandmother.


On Saturday night Catherine and Gerrish came over and basically hung out and witnessed our exciting nightly routine - dinner, play (a little), bottle (kind of), bath, and bed. We also grilled turkey burgers, drank some wine, and ate some crazy, incredible, wasabi chocolate. Really.


Christian returned at around 5:30 a.m. after a long bus ride. La Luz must have sensed his presence because she woke up shortly thereafter at 6:00 a.m. to play. Guess who had the honor of joining her?

If she looks weird to you in that picture, well, that is kinda' what she looks like when she wakes up at the crack of dawn. Good thing there was nobody around to take a picture of me.

Since it was Sunday, there was plenty of cleaning to tackle but, first, there was plenty of football to watch. Christian and La Luz watched the Saints win while I went shopping with Jen (probably the last time Jen and I will have an afternoon of shopping before the baby arrives). While we were shopping I bought La Luz her Halloween costume. I even took a picture of her in it because when I tried it on her she looked so adorable I couldn't resist. I won't post it though because I would hate to ruin the surprise for you. While we were out I broke down and picked up an Elmo toilet seat for La Luz. I am not quite sure how to go about the whole potty training thing. I sort of hoped that maybe if I bought the seat and installed it she would just climb up there and start using it. Needless to say, it didn't happen that way. I will let you know how it goes.


No comments: